FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click through my link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on your sale. This helps me cover a portion of the cost to run GAPS Diet Journey site and allows me to continue providing free content. This has no effect on your price. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support! ~Starlene
Heard mention of a “coconut ball” recipe on the list which inspired me to come up with this recipe.
I have learned to make small, small batches of candy-like things since I tend to eat every bit. This way, I won't do too much damage by eating the whole batch, and even if I freeze them I will know they are in there and I will be having one every day as a treat until they are gone. The sooner they are gone, the better!
- 2 Tablespoons Tropical Traditions coconut cream concentrate
- 2 Tablespoons nut butter (peanut or almond)
- 4 Tablespoons shredded coconut (plus a bit extra for dressing)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 pinch sea salt, finely ground
Mix together well and use a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon to measure out five balls. If desired, roll the balls in shredded coconut. Can be served immediately. Refrigerating them will make them more firm.
Each ball contains:
- 93 calories
- 10 grams fat
- 4 grams carbs
- 2 grams sugars
- Mix together well and use a tablespoon-sized measuring spoon to measure out five balls.
- If desired, roll the balls in shredded coconut.
- Can be served immediately.
- Refrigerating them will make them more firm.