This recipe is so easy. Before I started on GAPS one of my favorite things to eat was spaghetti with butter and garlic. You can do the same thing with zucchini!
You definitely want to invest in a Spiralizer – it is so much fun making long spirals of zucchini! If you have a KitchenAid mixer, there is this amazing spiralizer attachment that will last forever (the plastic ones tend to wear out after time if you use them a lot like we do).
- Put a pot of water on the stove on high heat to start it boiling
- Spiralize one zucchini for each person (we love spiralized zucchini so we choose a large zucchini for each person eating)
- When the water starts to boil, put the spiralized zucchini in and push down under the water. The water will stop boiling momentarily due to the addition of the zucchini.
- Allow the water to start boiling and check your zucchini, it might be done that fast! We like ours al dente. If you let it boil too long, it will become mushy and won't hold its shape. After you have made spiralized zucchini a few times, you'll get to know how long you should cook for your preference.
- Drain the zucchini and allow to sit for a few minutes, then shake gently to remove as much liquid as possible.
You can also sauté the zucchini in butter or your favorite oil.
Crush or grate garlic onto the hot zucchini, with as much butter as you like.