Baden, the author of GAPS Guide wrote recently on her blog that she is planning to do another round of intro starting April 11th. She told about how she’s strayed a bit from strict full GAPS and happily was able to do so without much effect until recently when she had a return to some of her old symptoms, one being foot pain, and cravings for non-GAPS foods. So that is some great news in itself, that she has done healing to the point where she could actually eat some “conventional” non-GAPS foods without too much effect, at least for awhile. It was a bit of a wake up call for her, and I have written of doing the same thing with eating fruit and honey. We forget, or maybe we’re just testing the waters to see if these foods will resume bothering us.
Baden invited her blog followers to join her, and I thought, “Why the heck not? I could use another round of intro myself.” So, I’m going to do intro in April, too. I’m going to start on Friday the 8th.
Baden has outlined her self care plan of what she will do to get ready to do GAPS.
I also found a podcast where Baden discusses GAPS Step-By-Step Guidebook with Lisa Davis from It’s Your Health.
Here’s what I will do to get ready.
- Keep making soup. I’m trying to stay in the habit of making a pot of soup each weekend, and then having enough left over to have at least one cup a day on the days I work.
- Decide if I’m going to order probiotics.
- Make a batch of sauerkraut.
- I would like to read Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride’s revised book. I have not been able to read through the newly revised version yet, and really want to do so. I wish it was available on Kindle!
I am not sure how long I will go through this round of intro. I know not as long as the first time, which was March 2010 and for the entire month. Intro can take as little as seven days to go through the stages, but I ended up taking a month just because I would get stuck on a stage for the days I worked. It was easier to just stay at the stage I was on, than try to figure out what to add next. Also, I never really did intro “perfectly” I skipped ahead on some stages. I will continue to avoid dairy products until September as I planned originally.
What I would like to see from this round of intro:
- I want to see if I feel happier while on intro. I am still having trouble staying off fruit and honey and I feel certain it adds to my not feeling so happy. I want to feel happy!
- I want more energy. I definitely have more energy than I did before I started GAPS, but I would like to see this level rise.
So what about you? Are you on GAPS? Have you done intro? Would you care to join us in April for another round (or maybe finally take the plunge and do intro for the first time).
If you plan to do intro in April and are going to blog about it, I would love to list you here and link to your blog. Just leave me a comment with your URL.