Christmas in July… my e-book Hot Buttery Eggnog is on Sale!
This smoothie was inspired by The Paleo Cupboard's Cinnamon Roll Smoothie. This recipe is compliant with both the GAPS Diet and the 21 Day Sugar Detox.
I'm doing a sugar detox. I'm sure you're saying, “What?!” In a nutshell, a few months ago I started to add back in some non-GAPS foods – since we are not meant to stay on GAPS forever – and I got a little carried away with white starches. Okay, and some “healthy” “organic” treats that contained sugar. And some quick breads made with coconut flour [affiliate link]. And I gained some weight… I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.
Today is Day 7 for me of the sugar detox. I have been doing pretty good with the restrictions. It is actually somewhat of a comfort to be back on track. I'm doing Level 3, which is pretty strict, but we are still allowed to have one piece of fruit daily. This smoothie contains half an apple and half a banana. It uses no addition sweeteners.
Cinnamon Apple Smoothie
- 1 small handful of almonds [affiliate link], about 1 ounce
- 1 cup water (or you can just use 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk [affiliate link])
- 1/2 cup herbal coffee [affiliate link] (my favorite is Delicious Obsession's)
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 banana (frozen preferably)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon [affiliate link]
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place almonds and water into a high powered blender. Blend on high speed for about 20 seconds, or until creamy.
- Add herbal coffee, apple, banana, cinnamon, and ice cubes.
- Blend 5-10 seconds or until smooth.
- 1 small handful of almonds, about 1 ounce
- 1 cup water (or you can just use 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk)
- ½ Granny Smith apple
- ½ banana (frozen preferably)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup herbal coffee (my favorite is Delicious Obsession's)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place almonds and water into a high powered blender. Blend on high speed for about 20 seconds, or until smooth.
- Add apple, banana, cinnamon, herbal coffee and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth.