I go through phases of what I have for breakfast, and for the past month I've been on an iced coffee [affiliate link] kick. Before long it will be too chilly for iced coffee, but here in Arizona our monthly average highs are still around 90°F but no colder than 50°F, so in my opinion it's still warm enough for iced coffee. It won't get “cold” until the first week of November and then I'll probably starting have my eggnog drinks for breakfast, but in the meantime, I've been loving my Pumpkin [affiliate link] Pie Spiced Iced Coffee Slush every morning.
You'll want to brew your coffee ahead of time, refrigerate half and freeze the other half. Make a big pot, because you'll probably want this for a few days in a row.
[Or you could cheat and use instant coffee. If you did want to do that, just use two heaping teaspoons, 8 ounces of cold water and 12 ounces of ice cubes.]
This recipe is super easy, and so delicious!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Iced Coffee Slush
- 2 cups coffee; freeze 1 cup into ice cubes, and chill the other cup
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cooked frozen pumpkin or bright orange winter squash (my favorite pumpkin substitute is butternut squash)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or full fat coconut milk [affiliate link], or cream or creamer of your choice
- 2 tablespoons honey [affiliate link], or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides Powder, optional
- 2-3 tablespoons cocoa powder
Are you looking for more recipes featuring pumpkin? I have a bunch here on the blog: Pumpkin Recipes.
Inside the 2nd Volume in my Coconut Flour [affiliate link] Baked Goods series, Baker's Dozen Pumpkin Treats you'll find a baker's dozen (13) of coconut flour baked goods, plus 8 bonus recipes. Click here to get your copy today!