FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. When you click through my link and make a purchase, I may earn a small commission on your sale. This helps me cover a portion of the cost to run GAPS Diet Journey site and allows me to continue providing free content. This has no effect on your price. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support! ~Starlene
Sleep, self-care, detox baths, cooking dinner, washing dishes, ya know… life… I made up my mind that I was going to start getting more sleep, so that meant a few things had to go by the wayside.
I should actually be in my detox bath already… I am really craving the hot water.
There are a lot of things going on for me right now… maybe I should just make bullet points:
- Listened to a new podcast today by The Healthy Skeptic, his first podcast to be exact, will link it up later, but feel a little bit bummed out with my interpretation that I may not have much choice in the size my body is going to be
- Been talking on the GAPShelp list about getting my amalgams removed… I have eight… and wondering how badly my health is being affected
- Hate getting dental work done
- Don't have the funds to pay for it
- Current dentist cares not one whit about mercury in amalgams and does nothing to protect anyone while removing amalgams
- Period started after quite a long time… thinking it's been at least three months
- Feel really tired
- I miss my husband, he's working a lot and away from home a lot
- I've been feeling down in the dumps… but feeling like I have some expectations to meet up to, since I'm doing the talk show, feel like I need to be up and happy all the time
- Still unhappy about the 3 pound weight gain, but logically realize it has to be water weight gain due to my period, my ankles were swollen for heaven's sake, I knew I was retaining fluids
- Why am I retaining fluids? Is it really normal? Do I need to do some kind of liver flush?
- Did I just ask myself if I wanted to do a liver flush?
- Do I need to do some kind of wormer?
- My pants are tight. I didn't even dare try to squeeze into the “not a true” size 8s. The size 10 was tight enough.
- Tired, so tired. Part of my tiredness could be from my period. I used to get really tired during my period.
- T.S. Wiley says naps are not a good thing, that they force our body to create melatonin at the wrong time of the day.
- A GAPShelp lister said naps aren't good, this time with information from Adrenal Fatigue by Wilson.
- Am I harming myself by napping in the daytime? What if I have no other choice? I feel like I have to get sleep whenever I can, even if it's in the middle of the day. And guess what? I love, love, love napping in the middle of the day. It is decadent.
- Tomorrow makes 17 months on GAPS. I still don't have the energy of a toddler.
- I'm tired. Did I already say that?
Tomorrow I will update on where I'm at with intro.