FTC Disclosure: This post may include links which allow me to earn a small commission on the item(s) purchased. This has no effect on your price. GAPS Diet Journey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here are the things of which I'm afraid:
- Food cravings – The only diet I went on in my life was low fat. I now realize it was exactly the kind of diet that sets up food cravings. I started craving donuts most likely because of the fat content (at the time I thought it was the sugar). I'm afraid going on GAPS will resurrect those desperate food cravings that I don't experience when I allow myself to eat whatever I want to, and not only whatever I want, but the amount I want!! Many people will tell you they are on Weight Watchers and can eat ANYTHING they want, but then you find out that they can only have one bite, unless they want to eat only four slices of cake for the entire day.
- I'm afraid this, like other diets, won't work. I wasn't able to do Nourishing Traditions, but then again my husband was not on board. Now that he has his own illness, he seems to be willing to help. Although just the other day he said maybe we shouldn't include ds1 in the 10 day trial. I almost started crying, because I feel so much desperation to help my son.
- I'm afraid GAPS will be too hard.
- I'm afraid I'll fail.
- I know I'll have some slips, but hopefully we can work together to do this.
- We're not using organic meats or vegetables, so I'm afraid we won't see any improvement.