Welcome to my monthly roundup of the best GAPS-friendly recipes!
Newcomers to GAPS sometimes look at the list of foods they are supposed to avoid and get this sinking feeling or maybe it's their stomach growling as they think, “What's left to eat?” What will I do about Taco Tuesday if I can't have corn tortillas? What about sandwiches? Let me assure you there are many amazing and delicious substitutions when you take a look around this wonderful place called the Internet. I can assure you there thousands of ways to mix up the “legal” foods to make delicious meals. Every month we scour the Internet to find these wonderful recipes to share on my Facebook page. I'd love you to follow us on Facebook to see these links as they are posted: GAPS Diet Journey.
We do vet each recipe to be sure they are GAPS Legal recipes, but occasionally miss an “illegal” ingredient or two so please remember to review the ingredients yourself. Happy cooking!
- This Mango Berry Nice Cream (featured image for this post) from Raia's Recipes looks so tasty! It's also dairy-free and uses only fruit to sweeten.
- You can still have “Taco Tuesday” with these Grilled Taco Burgers from Wholesomelicious. They look like cute little sliders, love the jalapeno slice atop the burger.
- You must click over and look at this masterpiece of a sandwich! Paleo Papparazzi uses red bell pepper as the “bread” in this mouth-watering Bell Pepper Sandwich.
- Raia explains that “Moon Milk” is meant to calm you down and help you sleep. Try this Chocolate Chamomile Moon Milk (from Raia's Recipes) some night when you're having a hard time getting to sleep.
- If you're a sour gummy fan you're in luck… if you're looking for a tasty way to get more gelatin [affiliate link] in your diet, double win! These fun, real food gummies from Paleo Paparazzi come to the rescue: Paleo Sour Cherry Gummies.
- Got a busy day ahead of you, or just don't want to have to worry about dinner? Try this Lazy Slow Cooker Frittata from Paleo Paparazzi.
- Mustard is a favorite around our house, but I've never tried making it. Check out these Three Lacto-Fermented Mustard Recipes from Traditional Cooking School.
- Now you can make your own Homemade Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, recipe courtesy of Traditional Cooking School.
- Casseroles are such comfort food and those of us on GAPS may feel we are missing out. But never fear, there are plenty of options! Cara from Health, Home and Happiness has created the Hearty Hamburger Mushroom Bake to satisfy your casserole cravings.
- And here's another casserole to try, this one Mexican-style. This Chili Relleno Casserole from Eat Beautiful looks delicious.
- Here's a simple delicious frozen yogurt recipe from Health, Home and Happiness: Incredibly Simple Raspberry-Vanilla Frozen Yogurt.
- Just thinking about this Dill Pickle Gelatin from Health, Home and Happiness is making my mouth water, I have got to try it soon! Did you know when intermittent fasting and eating real food you naturally eat less salt and you may unintentionally go too low? These would be great when you need to boost salt intake.
- These Steak Kabobs with Dijon Green Beans from The Organic Kitchen look easy and inviting. I can't wait to try this dish!
- Your Instant Pot can make quick work of pork, check out this recipe from Skinny Taste (included is an option for using your slow cooker if you don't have an Instant Pot): Instant Pot Garlicky Cuban Pork
- This Garlic Lime Shrimp with Cauliflower Puree looks divine, another winner from Paleo Papparazzi.
- You'll be eating these Sloppy Joe's in a bowl, this colorful recipe is from Real Food with Jessica.
- Do you miss hot cereal in the morning? Click over for Fauxtmeal – Paleo and Keto “Oatmeal” from Paleo Papparazzi. Just a word of caution for newcomers to GAPS, this recipe contains several fibrous ingredients so be cautious when trying this recipe. You may want to wait until you've had some time to heal and no longer have digestive ailments.
- One of the things I dearly miss is Frosty from Wendy's (my favorite was half vanilla [affiliate link]/half chocolate) but NOW I have this awesome Copycat Wendy's Frosty Smoothie Bowl from Raia's Recipes. I am definitely planning to make this as soon as I can get the ingredients in the house!
- Salsa is always a hit during the summer, it's refreshing cool and spicy. We have a few salsa recipes in our roundup today. I love salsa on my salads, here are two cucumber salsas: Recipes to Nourish has Cucumber Salsa and Our Salty Kitchen includes mango for a sweet and savory taste with Salmon with Cucumber Mango Salsa. And another sweet and spicy salsa Rainbow Watermelon Salsa from Paleo Papparazzi. And last but not least, Garlicky Blender Salsa from Healthy Christian Home.
- Here are two delicious drinks from Recipes to Nourish: Strawberry Ginger Switchel and Slushy Blended Watermelon Lemonade.
- If you've recently made a chicken broth you'll have the perfect cooked chicken to make this 5-Minute Mexican Chicken Salad from Raising Generation Nourished.
- My favorite way to eat eggs [affiliate link]… scrambled and if they are fluffy, even better. If you've always thought you had to add half-and-half, milk or cream (which isn't legal on GAPS) you'll be glad to know you can leave it out. Just follow Mary from Healthy Christian Home's three tricks to make perfect Fluffy Scrambled Eggs.
- I am a big fan of salad and always on the lookout for variety, this one has a Middle Eastern flair: Chicken Schwarma Salad from Our Salty Kitchen.
- Chicken thighs are my favorite. When I was a kid I hated the “dark meat” but as an adult I've developed a taste for it, and actually prefer thighs to breast nowadays. Check out this yummy looking recipe from Our Salty Kitchen: Crispy Chicken Thighs with Burst Tomatoes.
- The presentation of this Mango Cilantro Curry Chicken Salad from Wholesomelicious is lovely. Collard leaves are great substitutes for bread or wraps.
- This salad looks so refreshing! Perfect for a light meal during the hot summer. Peach, Avocado, and Blackberry Salad from Wholesomelicious
- Study links fermented vegetable consumption to low COVID-19 mortality from News Medical
- Groundbreaking Study Shows Shielding EMF Improves Autoimmune Disease from GreenMedInfo
- Best and Worst Dish Soaps via Non-Toxic Ingredients from Mamavation
- Natural Home Remedy for Warts from Kitchen Stewardship
- The Avocado Oil Fraud from Mercola
- 10 Vitamin D Deficiency Symptoms Many Doctors Miss from The Healthy Home Economist
- Need to Relax? Catnip Calms Nerves and Aids Digestion from Mommypotamus
- Natural Treatments for Coronavirus from Jennifer Margulis
- How to Can Tomatoes from Kitchen Stewardship
- Plastics and pesticides: Health impacts of synthetic chemicals in US products doubled in last 5 years, study finds from CNN Health
- Drinking Enough Water is Important for Your Health from Purposeful Nutrition
- Black Currants Help with Night Vision from Suzy Cohen
- We Took Our Own Food to Disney from Kitchen Stewardship
Thanks for checking out the links!
Make it a wonderful day by eating delicious, beautiful food!