A few days ago I posted a recipe for cashew nut yogurt made in such a manner that it doubles wonderfully for dairy-free sour cream. I promised I would share some recipes with you that use this. Here's one that was a big hit for my family. We have loved ranch dressing for years and <gag> even used to buy the box mix to make it with store bought mayonnaise and sour cream. Those little packets are pretty expensive so I learned how to make my own using spices. Then we'd only buy the expensive (MSG laden) packets for special occasions. <yikes!>
In the image above I used my mandolin to slice the cucumbers and radishes. I actually learned something new about my mandoline – I learned how to adjust the part that allows me to make the rippled slices!
The image you see below is my mandoline, it's a Professional Stainless Steel Mandoline Slicer with Built-In Rotating Blades and Serrated Edge by MIU France (Amazon affiliate link)
Ranch Dressing Dip (Dairy Free)
- 1/2 cup cashew sour cream (Faux Sour Cream)
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated garlic powder [affiliate link]
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt [affiliate link]
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper [affiliate link]
- 1 teaspoon parsley [affiliate link] flakes
- pinch of paprika or chili powder [affiliate link]
Mix all ingredients together. You can serve immediately, but the flavors intensify if you place in the refrigerator for a couple hours.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and don't forget to try these other recipes made using this delicious Faux Sour Cream.
If you find any other inventive ways to use this sour cream, please let me know in the comments!!