Day 21

FTC Disclosure: This post may include links which allow me to earn a small commission on the item(s) purchased. This has no effect on your price. GAPS Diet Journey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to and affiliated sites.

I was up pretty late last night, after I finally got off the computer I took my “detox” bath. I didn't get into bed until after 1am. I used baking soda [affiliate link] last night. I used Epsom salts for several nights in a row, then vinegar and last night the baking soda. I am really loving these baths. I make sure to take something with me to read, I have a light set up over the tub since the bathroom is very dim over there. Then I just turn out the bathroom light and it's very cozy. I would use candles, but I don't like breathing what they put into the air, especially if they have any scent to them.

Today I had leftovers from yesterday. I slept until around 8am and then laid in bed for another hour talking on the phone with my mom. A luxury I have been unable to indulge in the last 8 or so years. However, since my back has stopped stiffening up, I can do things like that now. I was still tired, I guess, but didn't want to sleep any longer so called my mom to talk for a while to wake myself up. For many years I was a night owl. When we moved out to the country that all changed because I had to be to work by 7am. I had to leave at 5:30am to get there by 7am, so about three years ago I changed my hours to start at 6am and now the drive is only one hour. There is a marked difference in the amount of traffic from 6am to 7am.

On Wednesday, I went to Joann's, looking for some brown yarn to match the sweater my hubby bought me. I was hoping to knit some pockets and attach them to the sweater. It is a lovely brown, one of the long sweaters. Also no belt, so I thought I might just knit a belt too. I must have been there close to an hour, walking through the aisles, looking closely at every shade of brown. I ended up leaving the store empty handed, but the most incredible thing was my feet didn't hurt! I went to a grocery store once I got into town, and then I went to Walmart and walked around that big store, picking up a couple of last minute gifts for my family. My feet still didn't start hurting! This is nearly like a miracle to me.

I don't know if I have mentioned this yet, but I had noticed a couple of months ago when I get up in the middle of the night I moaned and groaned from the aching of my body and my feet hurting. I thought to myself how awful it must sound, like I'm an 80 year old woman, and I wondered if I could remember to stop moaning and groaning. Anyway, since I'm no longer in pain from *sleeping* and my feet aren't super sensitive when I walk on them, I am not moaning when I wake up at night.

My feet were so bad for a while, after the Taebo incident, that I had to wear shoes any time I put my feet on the floor. Even during the middle of the night to get up to pee!

Let's see, food for the day. I ate leftover standing rib roast. I ate it cold, it was rare and tasted sublimely, decadently delicious. I had a leftover piece of classic drop biscuit, it was good even dried out a little bit. I had an avocado. Trying to remember what else. I did indulge in taking a nap today.

For dinner I tried to make Elana Amsterdam's Salmon Dill Burgers from her book The Gluten-Free Almond Flour Cookbook. I don't like dill, and don't care for lemon zest, two ingredients called for in the recipe. I have tried over the years to add ingredients that I don't like to recipes, and end up not liking the recipes, so I usually leave them out. My patties didn't stay formed in 1/4″ inch chunks, so I will probably process the ingredients together if I try them again. Along with the salmon chunks, I had what was left of the Faux-tatoes and the Butternut Squash Puree. I also had about a tablespoon of Bubbies sauerkraut.

I think I'll take an Epsom salts bath tonight. I finished reading Dr. Campbell-McBride's and Baden's Gut and Psychology Syndrome and GAPS Guide, and am now reading The Hot Flash Club. I ordered Crazy Aunt Purl's second book Home Is Where the Wine Is: Making the Most of What You've Got One Stitch (and Cocktail!) at a Time on Tuesday, hopefully it will get here on Monday. I didn't know she had a sequel! I also loved her first book Crazy Aunt Purl's Drunk, Divorced, and Covered in Cat Hair: The True-Life Misadventures of a 30-Something Who Learned to Knit After He Split.

I am beginning to drink Bubbies sauerkraut juice, and eat a mouthful or two each day of sauerkraut.

I finally got around to starting a batch of sauerkraut. I did a pretty big head and it's only going to make about one quart! This is a half gallon jar. I don't know why but my cabbage never gets juicy enough to cover the cabbage so today I boiled some water, let it cool and added some salt, and poured in about half a cup so the cabbage would be covered nicely. It has to sit out for several days, and it is pretty cold in my house, so maybe even 5 or 6 days unless I can find someplace a little warmer. Maybe I'll think about putting it in the cupboard above the stove. I think I'll ask my hubby to pick up another couple of heads and maybe I'll also get another quart started, and also a batch of Cortido.


Well, I guess that is all for today.

GAPS DIET JOURNEY is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AMAZON.COM. GAPS DIET JOURNEY is an affiliate for several companies and may be compensated through advertising and marketing channels. Therefore, this post may contain affiliate links.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *